I hope whatever plans you have for this weekend are enjoyable. I’m sure many of you like to celebrate Halloween and especially like to have fun making cute, seasonal crafts with your kids. I will even bet that some of you are being a “last minute Mama” like me!
So yesterday my littles (and bigs) and I shared a quick, easy craft in order to feel more festive.
This can be done in about 10 minutes but if you decide to get very fancy you can stretch it out with more decorating.
Say hello to our little crowd of ghosts!
All you need are some paper coffee filters, some stuffing, string or yarn, and a few markers. We like to reuse and recycle so we used old plastic grocery bags (clean ones!) to make the stuffing.
Here are the very simple steps for this spot of fun:
- Spread the coffee filter on the table and smooth it flat.
- Place your stuffing in the center. The stuffing can be cotton batting, paper towels, old grocery bags, or anything that is squishy and soft.
- Gather the filter around the stuffing and tie with a piece of string or yarn.
- Draw a face – scary or cute!
- Set them up or hang them with a piece of thread to look like they are flying.
I hope you have a chance to try this or do some other fun activities today. I’d love to hear how you all celebrate Halloween, or what you do instead!
Peace and health,