Hi Friends! How thrifty or frugal have you been this past month? Today I’m sharing my frugal accomplishments for the past month. Let’s see…
1. I decorated for the autumn season with items that I already had. I have cared for them well so they are still in great condition.
2. I printed pictures that I took myself of flowers on our property and framed them in a pretty arrangement to help decorate our guest bathroom. I got the photo paper at Goodwill for crazy-cheap and the frame I bought at a craft store for 60% off. It makes a pretty compliment to the new paint color that I put on a while back.
3. Another Goodwill find was a brand new, still in the original packaging twin bed flannel sheet set. It only cost me $5.35 and it will help one of my children stay warm and comfy in bed this winter!
4. A friend gifted us with some hand-me-down cleats and Mr T was able to wear the smaller size for his little soccer class this season. This weekend will be his last day of the session – he loved it!
5. After Mr K took a beginners golf clinic, he has really become attached to the sport. We also inherited some old golf clubs from a family member. Of course they aren’t child sized but it will give him some time to play around them in the back yard and really love the game. 🙂
6. When traipsing through the grocery store I happened to catch sight of some extra-large Thermos bottles. The kind where the cap is a cup that I love. They were 90% off! So we got them for $1.50 each. I bought 4 so that I can have one for work and we can also share them for family outings where we might want hot cocoa. Yum!
That’s about it I think. I’m pretty pleased with my work this past month but I’m looking forward to really increasing my frugal finds and accomplishment for the rest of the year because I love to give gifts as the year ends but I love to be easy on the budget too!
Have you experienced any successes recently? I’d love to hear about them!
Peace and health,